Jordan E. Whitaker Associate
Jordan Whitaker handles an array of family law matters with a focus on child custody, paternity and legitimation, domestic violence and temporary protective disorders. She helps clients navigate the difficult processes that come with divorce, child custody and domestic violence by advocating for her clients’ best interests while striving for a peaceful resolution.
Jordan first gained experience in advocating for victims of domestic violence cases in law school, where she counseled and represented victims of domestic violence under Georgia’s Student Practice Act at the Safe Families Office of the Atlanta Volunteers Lawyers Foundation.
Jordan received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and English Literature from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She received her Juris Doctor from Georgia State University College of Law, where she obtained experience in oral advocacy through her participation on the Law School Moot Court Team. Jordan was also a pupil in the Charles L. Weltner Family Law Inn of Court and was a recipient of the Custer-Tuggle Award for Excellence in Family Law from the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Originally from Dayton, Ohio, Jordan now resides in Buckhead and enjoys traveling in her free time.
- B.A. Miami University, 2013
- J.D. Georgia State University College of Law, 2016
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Division
- The League of Change Institute, Inc., She’s a 10 Campaign, Board Member
- “What Happens to Frozen Embryos During Divorce in Georgia?,” Divorce Magazine, 2019
- “Interview with Hon. Kimberly A. Childs,” State Bar of Georgia, The Family Law Review, Winter 2019