Michael P. Hodes Partner
For over a decade, Michael P. Hodes has exclusively practiced family law, with a specific focus on the financial aspects of divorce, including negotiating and drafting prenuptial, postnuptial and settlement agreements. He works closely with forensic accountants and fiduciary litigators to divide complex assets, trusts and estates of all sizes, and businesses that require valuation.
Michael has spent the majority of his career handling high-profile and high-net-worth, complex divorce litigation, and issues involving contempt, modification, custody, legitimation and paternity. He is also well-versed in the unique legal needs that same-sex couples should take into account when negotiating pre- and post-nuptial agreements and is familiar with developing case law and trends the court may consider in “equitably” dividing the marital estate.
Michael hails from Kansas City, Missouri. Since relocating to Atlanta in 2007, Michael has lived in Midtown.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2007
- B.A., Creighton University, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia
- Bleckley Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- “The Renewed Significance of Title in Dividing Marital Assets” Georgia State Bar Journal Vol. 16, No. 6, April 2011.”
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2024