Michael P. Hodes Of Counsel
For nearly a decade, Michael P. Hodes has practiced family law exclusively. During this time, he has represented clients in all aspects of domestic relations litigation. This includes negotiating and drafting prenuptial, postnuptial and settlement agreements, as well as skillfully litigating actions for divorce, contempt, modification, custody, legitimation and paternity.
While capable of handling estates of all sizes, Michael has spent the majority of his career handling high-profile and high net worth, complex divorce litigation.
Michael is keenly aware of the unique legal needs of same-sex couples and the best litigation strategies to address those needs. He is well-versed in special considerations same-sex couples should take into account when negotiating pre- and post-nuptial agreements. For same-sex couples facing divorce, Michael is familiar with developing case law and trends the court may consider in equitably dividing the marital estate.
Michael hails from Kansas City, Missouri. Since relocating to Atlanta in 2007, Michael has lived in Midtown.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2007
- B.A., Creighton University, summa cum laude
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia
- Bleckley Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- “The Renewed Significance of Title in Dividing Marital Assets” Georgia State Bar Journal Vol. 16, No. 6 (April 2011).”