Megan Pownall Wyss Associate
Megan Wyss has been representing clients in complex family law matters for over a decade, including high-asset divorce, annulment, contested child custody and child support. Megan is a skilled litigator with a range of experience in family law and child welfare law. Megan brings a unique and compassionate perspective to each client, as she experienced divorce in her family as a child and a young adult. It was these personal experiences that led her to become a family law attorney.
Megan is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia. Megan is currently a member-at-large on the Family Law Section Executive Committee, and previously served on the Executive Committee as the YLD Representative. Megan is also a Director on the Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors, and previously held several leadership positions within the YLD. Megan believes preeminence begins with involvement and dedication to service of the profession of law and the community.
Megan received her Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. She received her Juris Doctor from Villanova University School of Law. While in law school, Megan served as an Editor of the Villanova Law Review, Chairwoman of the VLS Honor Board, and a mentor and teaching assistant with the VLS Academic Success Program.
Megan is a childhood native of the Atlanta area. Outside of work, she enjoys researching family genealogy and spending time with and exploring historic Georgia with her husband, daughter and dog, Duey.
- J.D., cum laude, Villanova University School of Law
- B.A., with honors, Purdue University
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section (Member, Member-at-Large on the Executive Committee, Past YLD Representative on the Executive Committee)
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division (YLD Board of
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division, Representative Council (Past Member-at-Large)
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division, Leadership Academy Class of 2020
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division, Family Law Section (Past Chair and Past Director)
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- Georgia, 2013
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Family Law, 2024
- Listed, Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2022 and 2023
- Named “Most Outstanding Junior” by the William Day Chapter of the Georgia State Society Daughters of them American Revolution, 2018
- “Young Lawyers and the Stay-at-Home Parent Conundrum:
Considerations Before Deciding to Leave,” The YLD Review,
- Megan Pownall, Twenty-first Century Fingerprints: The Third Circuit’s Approval of DNA Collection Upon Arrest in United States v. Mitchell, 57 Vill. L. Rev.763 (2012)
Presentations and Speaking
- Presenter on “Greatest Hits of 2020-2022: Cases You Need to
Know,” Family Law Institute, 2022.