Meagan M. Hanson Of Counsel
Meagan M. Hanson’s experience in family law covers the gamut from uncontested divorces to divorces with complex financial issues, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, custody and child support modifications, contempt actions and family violence cases. Since joining Boyd Collar Nolen Tuggle & Roddenbery in 2013, Meagan has handled divorce-related litigation cases in at least 11 counties in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Meagan knows that the practice of family law constantly evolves in both the courts and the Legislature, which is why she is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia’s Family Law Section Legislative Committee. Always a champion of families, Meagan has used her post on the Legislative Committee to advise lawmakers how their work affects children and families. Meagan’s involvement in public policy and legislation ensures that her clients always receive the full protection of Georgia laws.
This passion for protecting children and families and fairness in the divorce process has led Meagan to be active in state and local politics. From 2013 to 2015, she was a guest panelist on Fox 5’s political talk show, The Georgia Gang.
Meagan’s service to local families continues outside of the courtroom: She currently serves as State Representative for parts of Brookhaven, Sandy Springs and Chamblee.
Meagan and her husband live in Brookhaven with their two chocolate labs, Beau and Lucy, and Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Winston Churchill.
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of Alabama, 2006
- State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section Legislative Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Junior League of Atlanta
- 2017 Class of Emerging Leaders, GOPAC
- 2017 Future 40, Maverick PAC
- James Magazine, Georgia’s Most Influential Attorneys, 2014
- Rose Bloom Award for Outstanding Service, Junior League of Atlanta, 2012
- Order of Barristers
- “LexisNexis Practice Guide,” Georgia Family Law, Contributor